Taxes are a significant cost for doing business in India and hence, upfront advice and an effective tax planning mechanism can help in attaining tax efficiency. SSI’s professionals have deep-rooted experience in the Indian direct tax regime and hence encompass various aspects of tax advisory.
SSI’s Corporate Tax Advisory offerings include the following aspects:
General Direct Tax Advisory
- Analysis and advisory on various domestic as well as international tax matters including cross-border transactions.
- Tax Advisory in respect of various operational agreements to be entered into by business entities.
- Tax return planning and position holding advisory.
- Assistance in filing corporate tax returns.
- Assistance in preparation and filing of submissions and representations before revenue authorities on various matters including assessment/reassessment proceedings, penalty proceedings, and stay of demand.
- Assistance in representation for pending tax refunds and follow-up with the revenue authorities
- Assistance in representations before the CIT(A), Dispute resolution panel (DRP), and Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT)
ICDS Appraisal and adoption
- Analysis and advisory for current tax computations and requirements of Income Computation and Disclosure Standards (ICDS) applicable on your financial statements.
- Assistance in impact assessment of ICDS from a fund flow and disclosure perspective
- Assistance in advance tax computations keeping in mind the newly introduced Income Computation and Disclosure Standards (ICDS)
- Advisory on tax exposure & impact from incorporating a permanent establishment.
- Determining the impact of Place of Effective Management (POEM) rules for determining tax residential status of a foreign entity in India having a global management structure
- Advisory on withholding tax obligations on payments to residents/non-residents
- Advisory on repatriation of funds.
- Advisory on availing foreign tax credits in India.
Compliance and planning for the latest laws passed in the Indian Direct Tax regime:
- Advisory on recent tax rules and regulations brought by the Government of India (e.g., Black Money Act, 2015, etc.)
- Review of Ind-AS applicability and related action points
- Advisory regarding the applicability of GAAR Identification of uncertain tax positions for FIN-48 purpose.